Monday, February 27, 2017

Craft Along with GIY: Letters and Numbers



The theme for this month's Craft Along with GIY is Letters and Numbers. My first project, a house number, did not turn out quite right. Thankfully, my second project was more successful. It's a Halloween countdown sign.


In my craft supplies stash, I had just the thing for a Letters and Numbers project - a container of letters and numbers. :D

I sorted through the wood letters and numbers, pulling out "DAYS UNTIL HALLOWEEN" and a set of numbers.

I wanted to paint the numbers black and the letters orange. Alas, I had no orange paint on hand! But I did have yellow and red, and acrylic paints mix well. I even got the right shade of orange on the first try. :)

While the paint dried, I selected some papers from a scrapbook paper pad. I left one paper whole to use as the background, and cut others into small rectangles to use as the countdown numbers.

I pulled out a cardstock raven, and I cut a paper oval slightly larger than the raven.

Using glue, I assembled all this into a Halloween countdown sign. I still need to frame the sign and add small brads or nails to hang the numbers on.


To share your Craft Along with GIY project:
1.  Add the Craft Along with GIY icon to your blog post. Link the icon to this page:
http://gothityourself.blogspot.com/p/craft-along-with-giy.html
2.  Leave a comment with a link to your project. If you're not a blogger, you can link to your webpage, Instagram, or anywhere else readers can see it. (Please link directly to the project page.)

12 comments:

  1. BAM!!!

    http://www.cafelastrange.com/2017/02/craft-along-with-giy-challenge-accepted.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely sign! I've only seen virtual ones on people's blogs and I very much like the idea of excitement and anticipation that comes with a physical board!

    Here is my post: https://daughter-of-jaded-era.blogspot.fi/2017/02/craft-along-with-giy-goth-luggage-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll probably hang it in my cubicle at work. :)

      Thank you for participating!

      Delete
  3. Great idea, I love it. Your giving me some ideas for wall art. https://northern-geordie-goth-indeapthof.blogspot.co.uk/2017/02/so-finally-ive-got-project-i-can.html?showComment=1488275990805#c840524493255123893

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And thank you for participating!

      Delete
  4. Neat! Are the numbers changeable, or not? (and if yes - how do they stay up there?)

    Ahh, I didn't make my entry in time :< I've only started it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The numbers will be changeable. I'll probably punch holes in the number cards so they can hang on pins or small nails. But first I need to frame/mount the sign so there's something to put the pins in.

      I didn't actually finish mine in time either. I blame the short month. ;) I'll update the post when it's finished. You can always do the same.

      Delete
  5. Sweet <3 Who would not need a countdown to Halloween! I always was wondering what one would do with those letters :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! ;) I bought them on sale for just a couple of dollars, then had them for ages, not knowing how I might use them.

      Delete