Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Kaleidoscope on Black

I don't often post on fashion and beauty topics, but recently I tried some new nail polish that is worth a mention. I typically keep my nails painted plain black. I like Rimmel Lasting Finish Pro "Black Satin" because it requires only one coat and has decent staying power. For a change, I added Wild Shine "Kaleidoscope" by Wet n Wild, a silvery glitter with very pretty multicolor sparkles. The combination garnered me several compliments from strangers. It lasted seven days before chipping (and even then, only one nail chipped) - pretty impressive considering I spend HOURS every week tapping my fingers on a keyboard. Not bad for $2 nail polish.

one coat black plus one coat glitter
yikes... those are some freakishly long fingers

13 comments:

  1. Lovely effect! I also use those $2 nail polishes. They work quite well if you do a base coat and a top coat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also picked up a purple Wet n Wild polish that I haven't tried yet. I hope it works as well as the glitter one. It might get me out of my black polish rut. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow! You have lovely hands. I will have to try those polishes. My nails usually chip after a day or two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I usually get about four days before my nails chip, so seven days was great.

      Delete
  3. Oooooh looks like a twinkly night sky! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I thought so, too. In fact, I almost titled the post something to that effect. :)

      Delete
  4. VERY nice! Hey, are you going to come to my new blog home? I'd miss you if you didn't. MUAH!

    ReplyDelete
  5. my favorite combination, I paint my nails like this often and think it looks like mini galaxy's on my nails. I also love putting a matte topcoat over my black it makes my nails look velvety.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love love love this. I need to track it down. I don't think I have found a good one coat polish in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walgreens and Target both carry Rimmel, though in a limited number of colors. I love that the black is opaque in one coat but the polish is fluid enough to be easy to work with.

      Delete
  7. You have such lovely hands! Glitter is fabulous, and THAT glitter is super-fab!

    ReplyDelete