Sunday, September 18, 2011

Farewell, Turquoise

My house is turquoise.  Now, I think turquoise is a pretty color, but not what I want for the outside of my house.  The solution, of course, is to paint the exterior.  However, I am afraid of heights and I don't like being in the sun, so I reluctantly decided to hire someone.  I kept reminding myself that for some tasks, even the most hardcore DIYer is better off hiring a pro.  For the last two days, I have waited nervously behind plastic-covered doors as two guys spray, roll, and brush away the turquoise.  Though I'm glad it's them on the ladder, I really hate having so little control over the quality of the work being done.

This is what the house looked like when I bought it.  The house is that little turquoise thing behind the HUGE tree.

Later, the tree broke under a heavy snowfall and was removed, revealing the other half of the house and matching turquoise chimney pipe.


This is the back of the house.  Yep, that's a dog door cut into the wall by the previous homeowner.

I anxiously await the "after"...

2 comments:

  1. WOW: what a bold color. I'm not a fan of HOAs (we looked long and hard to find a home that wasn't in one) but in cases like this I can see why they would sometimes be useful. Can't wait to see the "after" shots!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bold indeed! Strangely, the interior was all soft peach and beige.

    I like the variety of a non-HOA neighborhood. There are some color combos I don't personally care for, but it gives the neighborhood some character. There's only one house that makes me cringe -- it's pumpkin orange. Luckily, it's on the far end of the neighborhood. ;-)

    ReplyDelete